Friday, January 13, 2006

closure

As an English teacher, I finished one of my classes last night, the first class I taught from the very beginning to the very end. During the past eight months, I met students from different backgrounds. Some are holding the manager position at a large technology company, some working for the government, some working for the car repair shop, some remaining students etc. Lots of them had been attending my lecture for a long period, which appears touchy to me in my eyes because it's a salt mine work for them to attend my class twice a week in the evening after long working hours.

In the last class with them, I decided to have some relaxing chit-chat with all of them. We had congenial conversations and every one seemed to enjoy the class so much. Albeit not every one of them achieve the great language learning, I am still proud of every one of them because of their good diligent spirit. That's my words for them before we were really reaching the end of the class. For the first time in my life, I truly felt I'm a real teacher. And it's so luckly to have them as my students. I'm proud of them and myself, too. I feel it's like a big accomplishment to myself.

***

Regarding to my career plan, I'm currently applying for the full-time job from the PR/Advertising industries. To my surprise, Ogilvy Public Relations called me for an interview right on the second day when I distributed all the resume. "Ogilvy!!" I yelled in mind. I feel like walking on the air because I feel I'm reaching to the heaven (or the hell) soon. Wish me luck! :)

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger April said...

g'luck my dear, it's wicked to hear u've stepping forward to ur goals. I cant wait to get over with my revision and catch up with u all very very soon.

all my thoughts,

Aprilxx
ps Yeah I was duplicated G.Klimt's work and built up some of my stuff. do u still want to be my life model?? =)

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Claire
恭喜妳唷~~~~要邁向妳的新工作了!希望妳工作一切順利喔:)
對了~我24號會上台北~還不知道要住哪裡(哈~u know what i mean) 不知道有沒有榮幸跟妳住阿(狗腿) 還不確定啦~~~只是跟妳說一下^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home