Wednesday, November 30, 2005

outing to JiouFen


outing 4
Originally uploaded by clairewhispers.
I went to JiuoFen, a small town with the famous gold rush history in the northern Taiwan, with my ex-colleagues over the weekend. We were so lucky to embrace the warm sunshine when we arrived the town. The hostel owner told us that it had been raining for the whole week before the date we arrived. I reckon god really want to give us a good impression of the small town.

That was a breezy sunny day on the first day of our staying there. So we decided to go mountain hiking on Keelung Mountain in the afternoon. Along the way to the hilltop was numerous endless stairs that drove everyone bonkers and made us want to return back. At the end, all of us spent exactly two hours to go up and down the hill. We all got extreme sore muscle on our legs in terms of the reward on the second day when we woke up. Aside from the muscle pain, the best reward would be the magnificent view that we saw from the mountain top with all the mist permeated below our feet. The beautiful hazy scene is absolutely splendid.

We tasted every local food, played all the nerve-wrecking games and drank a lot till midnight. I'm truly grateful to have that bunch of good friends in life despiting that half of the participants during the trip had left the Kethcum mounths ago. Gladly, our friendship still remain albeit we don't work together.

I'm still suffering from the muscle pain at the moment of writing this post. Am I going to hike on that mountain again? NEVER EVER. You'll know why I say so if you really try it.

4 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger April said...

gutter, I'd experienced that before and totally take your credits for the after pains.

i saw your pic, which is v nice, and reminded me of my trip to Northern Ireland. It was extravagant and we hiked massively too. It was good work out, yea?

But i've felt like hiking everytime I cycle to uni or town centre now, damn...

btw... i got a kiss tonight, or more than one I'd say, haaaaaaa

tell ya more later, love, April

that's why I'm still up, so excited!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Tiffany (edited by cici) said...

Hey, nice work out for you! I feel for you after such a long and hard walk or hike but you get to build some beautiful muscles too. :)

Sorry to hear that your computer isn't functioning well. Hope that the problems have been fixed.

Are you guys having plans to celebrate the coming holidays (i.e. Xmas)? We finally got the tree up. It took me more than three days to get it done since I could only do it after Tiffany had gone to sleep...

Best wishes and Happy Holidays,

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger April said...

i am so sad, sis...

i think I won't see Robin again, and I donno if I should tell him how I feel... I should, right? There's nothing to lose...

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

挖屋~照片好讚喔!
阿妳妹妹受傷好了吧??叫她騎車要小心ㄚ~>///<
台北很冷吧~~要多穿一點喔:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home