Monday, June 20, 2005

Shoes and Me

I love high-heel shoes as much as I love men.

If there would be one thing that can cheers me up all the time, I guess shoes purchase would be one of them.

I'm a shoe lover, but also a shoe killer. I guess my steps are quite heavy or I often run for catching the train on my high-heels. That kills my shoes a lot. With breaking several pairs of shoes and being with the extreme desperate desire for new foot wearer, I bought myself two pairs of new high-heel sandals this week, both are from Nine West, one of my favorite brand.

An embarrasing incident happened today while I went to downtown with my friend Sandy. I wore a pink striped mini skirt and a pair of old sandals (sort of the flip-flop style.) I fell off and the force of falling down brokes the string tied on my sandals. So the string went off the shoe bottom, which means I can't even wear it for walking any step away. In order to get myself a foot wearer to get home, I walked in bare foot on the sidewalk, crossed the street, and entered the shopping center, the 101 Building. I rushed into the Nine West shop, and bought myself a new pair of 3-inched pink high-heel sandals, the third pair of shoes I've bought within this week (God! That's a lot I know. I'll be so short and broken for a while because I've also bought myself a new dress for my friend's farewell party.) After trying on that beautiful elegant toe-open shoes of Enzo Angiolini, I talked to the seller lady "I'll take it! Don't pack it coz I'll wear it now, and just throw away the old one." That was indeed a good feeling. I mean to buy the new one and get rid of the old one righ away. That's something I've never done before. It feels like throwing away a crappy relationship, getting rid of a dodgy lover and finding a great new one.

Walking in my new shoes, I felt quite good except the 3-inched heels pinched me a bit. Sandy insisted that I looked fabulous in that shoes, but she doesn't know how much that would pinch my feet. I guess, just like the relationship, no one knows where the shoe pinches like the wearer. And we always only see the beautiful side of people's relationship and never understand the problem in it. Therefore, we never have the right to criticize or judge others' love life.

P.S.: I'm going to a wedding on this weekend. And I plan to wear my new elegant shoes, which makes me look fabulous!

3 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Tiffany (edited by cici) said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the fall and broken shoe string. But this just sounded so much like an episode of Carrie from "Sex and the City". :P

Enjoy your new shoes!

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading this story,I also think that your action look like as Carrie in "sex and the city"!I also like high-heel shoes very much!:)

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey sorry for wat happenend to you.I like high heels very much..must be careful here after.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home