Monday, June 13, 2005

Marriage nightmare

I finished the bloody GRE exam yesterday. Good riddance! But I think I might resit the exam in Oct for higher score in order to apply for Northwestern Uni, which would probably only be my pipedream!

It has been a tight day yesterday and I arrived home around 4 am after a midnight movie 'Mr.&Ms. Smith' with friends. I went to bed around 5 and I had a nightmare about marriage then. In the dream, I was suddenly settled with a marriage contract with my boyfriend. The wedding was set to take place in a week. I was crying hard for cancelling the wedding because I felt I was too young for marriage and I wasn't ready for settle-down anyway. I love my boyfriend in real life, but I was quite surprised by my reaction in the dream. I'm never aware that I still hold a refusal toward marriage after so many years carrying a strong distrust in marriage, and don't even mention about the kids. They are evils to me right now.

With my age approaching to the 'perfect marriage age,' I began to wonder what makes one decide to step into marriage with his/her beloved. I never have that passion in my love life, and it's horrible enough to just think about it. People say long relationship makes people lose the passion for entering the marriage stage. I wonder if I can survive without getting married but have a wonderful partner(s) in my life (nah...I'm not that greedy. I'm a pro-monogamy person.)

All of sudden, I feel that those people who choose marriage are BRAVE!

1 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems that you got stressed from thinking of and planning your future, and the GRE test maybe.

My thought is "Don't jump in if you are not ready for it".

I bet that you were glad that it was just a dream! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home