Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Monologue

I often wonder to what extent can you reveal yourself to your loved ones, such as your life partner, your family or best mate? Can secrets be allowed to exist in between? Or you can just present the full of you in front of them without worrying if it would be disturbing to others?

I questioned myself a lot these days that how can two people keep working on the relationship if they hold distinct values? I wonder to what extend should I compromise myself to complete the relationship if I really love one. I want to know what kind of passion and affinity makes two people want to get married?

I said this is not because I want to get married. In fact, I feel more terrified when I think of it more.

I never understand why people feel lonely and unhappy when they can't find the other in their life, but they begin worrying even more when they have one? I wonder why happiness always drift away so quickly. Maybe I'll be happier if I could know the answers, maybe not.

3 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Claire,

Saw your comment and came over here from JustCrystal's wretch blog.

I can feel that you have such a mature attitude toward life at such young age. And your English is so well to freely express yourself. How did you do it?

As for your situation, I have been there...

My husband and I come from totally different backgrounds. He was born/raised overseas and is very westernized. I am the opposite, a very traditional Chinese. Even after we got married, we still hold many different opinions and values from time to time.

We try to tell each other how we feel each time when there is an issue. To us, open communication is the key.

Yes, both have to compromise to work things out but the question is how far you are willing to go and for how long. As long as it's not a big issue for you, it will probably be fine but if it is, you will want to get it straighten up soon before it has done any damage.

I am sure if you have been reasonable and your boyfriend loves you enough, he will accept the way you are and respect you for who you are.

No secret should stand in between if you two want to be together forever as the secret will come out one day to haunt you.

Sorry that I have dragged it so long. I hope that you don't mind.

Best wishes,

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger April said...

dear, as your dearest friend and westernized nutty, I reckon it's better to let things go into its course without worrying too much. btw, I thought this should be confidential? Hee... you've got guts, go, gal!

love forever, Aprilxx

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Tiffany (edited by cici) said...

Hi, Claire,

Thanks for your reply and I hope that I didn't interfere with anything.

I am happy for you that you think ahead to plan on your future with someone you love. It's a good thing but not an easy job at all.

There will always be problems and difficulties ahead waiting for us to solve.

People are just different individuals no matter how close they are together. Think about this: even our two lips bite each other sometimes, so is the same with your own family and his family.

Wish you happy and all your plan and dreams come true! ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home