Saturday, June 04, 2005

Shall we dance?

I watched a fab movie today -- Shall We Dance.

The story is about a mid-aged man who has a perfect family and successful carreer suddenly feels empty and lost in his dull life, albeit he almost has everything. He's rich, handsome, he's with everything, but he's not happy. So he began the ballroom dance learning without telling anyone, not even his family. Dancing not only brighted him up, but gradually overweighed any other things in his daily life. His increasing passion to dance aroused his wife's suspicion on him for having an affair. And the relationship between the couple went frozen when the wife found the husband was deceiving her from telling her the truth. While the whole movie was dance in abundance, I think it also points out the crucial factor in the relationship between human, especially between those mid-aged couples who may be encountered with problems in their marriage. I really fancy the ending because it is sooooooo sweet and realistic. It makes you feel the happiness comes from the simple thing -- sharing. And we often neglect it easily.

I often wonder how it would be like when you have a marriage for thrity years, or even longer. Will the life be dull because days wouldn't be much changed and surprising? And how can love be sustained under this ambiance? I might be too young to understand this, but I really like what the wife told the detective that she hired to investigate on her husband's affair.
They were discussing why people get married in one plot.
The detective said 'Passion.'
Then she said "We need a witness to our life. You promise to take care of each other in life. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all the time, every day. You said your life will not be noticed because I'm watching it. I said your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness."

Dance is like a relationship, which needs both parties to be deeply involved, then you can dance out a beautiful movement of music. Losing any part wouldn't contribute a perfect dance. I always remember what Cindy told me when we were learning salsa. She said men may be dominant in running a relationship, just like dancing, where man is responsible for leading the whole moves. But women also need to comprehend that they have the choice to decide whether they accept the invitation to dance or not.

I like the movie because it tells that people often easily forget the precious things that they used to have, and much more often to lose the courage to regain it back. And you need to have the faith in your pursuit, for it will give you the confidence to belive you can move on. Life can be wonderful if we know we have owned enough. And I'm enjoying in my life now because I know I have the courage to dance, and I can do it beatifully.

So, shall we dance?

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger April said...

dearie,
I've wrote you an email, please check. thanks for all, love ya, Aprilxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home