Thursday, June 02, 2005

Nostalgia

I had a dream last night that I went back to Sydney. I was surrounded by the blue sky and fresh air that Taipei doesn't have as I stepped out of the airport of Sydney city. The sky still resembled the one I had seen when I first arrived in Sydney years ago. Cindy (my good mate in Australia) and her mom drove to pick me up. In the car, I looked out of the window and saw the erect palm trees locating along the bays. Beyond the bay was the familiar scene of the sappire ocean and blue sky that haunts the city. The line between the seawater and sky went blurring as the car passed by quickly, and so were my eyes. I felt like HOME exactly. I guess the nostalgia made me feel crying, both in the dream and the reality.

Cindy suggested to go for the dinner with her family for welcoming my visit after such a long seperation. While I was thinking about the fancy cozy restaurant in the Rocks, Cindy's dad suggested to go for the Chinese food. As I opened the menu, all I could see was the dish category and pictures of vegetables such as mushroom and 'alga' (and that was the vocabulary I tried to memerize when preparing for GRE exam yesterday.) It obviously tells that the exam really stressed me out. (laugh)

The dream went short but real. I realized I miss Sydney still. How much and how quickly can one forget one place? How come I could just wiped out the 19-year long memories of Taipei during the ten-month time in Sydney, but I just can't get over the Sydney nostalgia now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home