Friday, June 17, 2005

Independence

I found people gradually become dependent on their the others as the relationship goes steady, because you share emotion, life and everything, and you spend time together. Then we begin to expect our partners to play the companion role well. We gradually get used to the life style of having a good mate to share our stories and life. I guess that's why break-up is always heartbreaking. It makes people lonely and makes it difficult to get the life back on track, because you'll need to reform a new life style, but only by yourself. And that's harsh enough!

I'm conscious that I should be reasonable to let my boyfriend own his privacy and time for his leisure, social activities and whatsoever. I often wonder to what extent should we 'free' them and it is still viewed as reasonable and acceptable.

My boy is going to take GMAT exam in a few days. He's quite intensed about it with high expectation from his family. So I promised not to bother his life and interrupt his study plan during this week, and I did! I arrange my days with lots of catch-up with old friends, work and other chores. Out of surprise, I found myself much enjoying in my 'new independent life,' which is very carefree and comfortable, though sometimes I still miss him a lot. Then that triggers my thought that human beings are controdictionary animals. We become eager for companion when we are alone, and we start to complain losing freedom when we have our boyfriends/girlfriends. I guess people never get satisfied and life always seem a bit less than perfect. But that's how it works in reality. We come to learn many things -- negotiation, compromising, and sharing. And that makes life worthy!

3 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"new independent life" sounds good, when I am "FREE", I also think about that. But inside of my mind, she is always there, never be forgotten, and sometimes is my great support.
Magically, um h...

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Claire said...

hey dude,
thanks for dropping by. It's really nice to see you and have a great talk with you today. Knowing you for more than 5 years, I found you are not much changed. Yet, you become more like a giver concerning to relationship. Quite a positive change. That makes you a considerate sweet giver, who knows how to share. :)

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet girl,
we met more than five years? It's so long, but feel so fast.

You are still a sweet girl, however sometimes more like a self-confident "WOMAN". I think if you love movie "Mona Lisa Smile", you may also love "The Hours". When I saw the movie, I will remembered that I have a friend like the heroine. :P

Anyway, having a nice chat with a nice girl, it felt so good yesterday :-)

p.s. um... I'm not really a dude, you know, but maybe I intend to be ones in my subconscious masculine mind...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home