Monday, March 27, 2006

curve


Ogilvy PR
Originally uploaded by clairewhispers.
I have been working for Ogilvy Public Relations for approximately three weeks. There was a big mental curve. Like Regina, my manager from Honk Kong, said, every "Ogilvier(奧美人)" must go through this process. Every one joined Ogilvy with full confidence at the beginning because this firm choose the best out of those outstanding ones. This makes the hired believe they are the best among the best. Then, we came to realized there are always some people who knows more than you do. those clients who are more specialized in the industry, those senior colleagues who knows more PR practice than you do, and those always-more-creative-than-you-are colleagues who gives you endless stress. This is how the work is. You compete with people. You lose or either you win.

I reckon I'm at the lowest point of the curve at this moment. My client UBS almost drove me bonkers because first, I know NOTHING about finance, not at all. And it's not an easy industry to put a fingure in. Besides, UBS is a very upper-class foreign bank, which represents lots of restricted demand to meet. To handle this client, I need to learn those intricate financial jargons, the formal corporate English and the creative PR practice at the same time. Not an easy work!

I'm adjusting my mentality, regaining my confidence, and prepare myself to move on again.

Claire,你要好好加油呀...

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

親愛的克萊兒
第一次在你的部落格留言
只想跟妳說:加油!
另外,我想我們每個人都再也找不到像凱旋這些這麼可愛的同事了~~
李艾莉

 

Post a Comment

<< Home