Sunday, July 24, 2005

Seesaw

People play seesaw in a relationship. Sometimes one would be on a higher position with more dominance than the other. The relationship is not neccesarily kept in a balanced way, or hardly, I would say. Just like Agelina Jolie in the movie Mr & Ms. Smith, she acts a wonder woman who is superior to his husband in many ways. She, with sexy beauty and body and the charming confidence, could probably be the only woman on earth whom I envy a lot. I mean she's so tough that makes her attractive and she's so powerful that she can get any man she wants. In a relationship, one would degrade him/herself to be on the same position with the other when being superior to the other half. Brad Pitt, the Mr. Smith, thought he's superior to his wife and consider himself the one who degrade himself in a relationship. In fact, his wife is the superior in every ways. Without the myth, Mr. Smith wouldn't be able to maintain his superior complex to run the relationship. He could probably just be killed by his wife as easy as you can imagine.

Men in the society occupies the superiority because they are physically stronger than women, which endows the men with the privilege to do many things that women can't do. In their unconsciousness, they regard themselves with more mature mental development and consider women emotional. Hence, some men feel they degrade themselves to be on the same position with women when they love a woman. In a relationship, I think it would be definitely difficult to build up an equivalent communication in between if there is an obvious gap between the superior and inferior, unless the strong degrade themselves to be with the weak, or the weak upgrade themselves to be on the same position. Nevertheless, a compatible couple may also not work out a happy-ending because the communication would be much more than a big task to proceed and learn. When both sides become self-centered, they refuse to accept people's comments. And the bad communication becomes the killer to the relationship.

While men regard women emotional, women charge men of lacking the ability to communicate. Couples always have endless disputes to argue about as what I've just been through these days. Then, I realized men and women come from different planets and they are much distinct at essence. It's never fair to request the other half to do what you want them to do. We should come to learn how to love people, but not in a way that you love them. We should come to learn to understand each other to avoid the love faux pas.

5 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie:
This's the first time leaving the message in your blog. You're very sensitive and can observe many detail things in our life.
Your blog, just like the our diary, describe happiness or arguments that we to meet in our life. In my mind, you are always the best writer in the world, and thank you for always support me in everything.
Love,
Simon

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger April said...

I love you babe.

how can you possibly write so intensely and consistly like a professional writer? I can't, that's why I failed on my writing task of IELTS. Bravo! I tried badly to put my thoughts in a more organized way, but I just think bloody faster than putting them into words. You go, girl!

let's talk about the dinner or lunch thing on Sat, as my bday party and last one.

Aprilxx

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Simon my love,
I can't believe you finally make your debut in my blog. I'm touched. That's a sweet msg. :)

I know I've been self-centered and unconsiderate over these years. I used to have the say in the previous relationships. In fact, I didn't know how to treat people nicely until I met you. And that's a great learning. Thank you for being supportive no matter what. You are a great listener, who always know how to cheer me up. You are a great company in life, who gives me endless inspiration. You've made everything worthy of it and made my life meanful.

*a supersize kiss to you* :)

Love always,
Claire

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Claire said...

April dear,

I didn't if you saw my score on GRE writing. I only got 3.5 on the 6 scale. bad enough! too bad! Even Simon can get a 5. You know what? I finally believe the world belongs to those organized people. We belong to the creative poetic world, which is hardly even exist. haha...

I just got my GRE result yesterday. it doesn't go really good as I expected. I think I'll resit it again in Oct. I started to feel overwhelmed by the upcoming continuous exams and the application paperwork. Why don't you just kill and make it simpler. *sigh*

I'll definitely be there on Sat. Acutally, I can't wait for that coz it has unbelievably been 10 years from the last time I went to Friday's. I miss you darling. need to hit my bed right now. I'll have a long working day tomorrow.

Luv,
Claire

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Claire,

God! Your writing and logic are sooooooooo amazing! Really love it! You know what? What you wrote reminds me of two books I read before- " Men are from Mars,Women are from Venus" and "Men and Venus on a Date". Have you ever read 'em? They both were best-sellers. Anyways, it's glad to see your growth from the relationship though I might even not know what you've been through. But what I wanna say is that you really are an amazing gal in your age. I mean it! Keep it up! :)

Luv,

Claudia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home